Accucraft and The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust are delighted to announce the production of a live steam, Gauge 1, model of Tornado, the prototype of which has written a new chapter in the annals of British steam, becoming the first main line steam locomotive to be built since 1960.
Accucraft’s model faithfully captures the elegance and power of the Peppercorn class A1 design and features all the unique details carried by Tornado. The model is gas fired with slide valves and has all the features the Gauge 1 fraternity have come to expect from an Accucraft locomotive. The cylinders are fitted with drain cocks. The fully sprung chassis is constructed from stainless steel. The boiler is copper, the cab (with sliding cab windows) and tender are constructed from etched brass. The model is available in apple green, blue and BR green.
• Scale: 1:32
• Gauge: 45mm
• Length over buffers: 690mm (29½ inches)
• Width: 90mm (3½ inches)
• Height: 130mm (5¼ inches)
• Min Radius: 2.5m (8′)
• Boiler: Centre Flue
• Working Pressure: 60psi
• Reversing Gear: Walschaerts, two slide valve cylinders
• Fuel: Butane Gas
• Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water gauge.
• Cab Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse
• Gas tank: In tender (water bath), axle pump with bypass
valve, water hand pump with check valve
• Construction: Copper boiler, brass boiler jacket, brass
cab, brass tender, un-insulated steel drivers.
Price £2,895.00, or radio controlled for £3,195.00. Email us for details or call 01603 928623.
The retail profit from sales of this superb model will go to The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust to complete the financing of Tornado herself.
See the Tornado in action!